Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Saturday, November 1, 2014

October Reading Recap

Morning my friends!

I can't believe I got out of bed before noon on a Saturday morning!    I lead a very unstructured life, but maybe that will change shortly.   I'll take getting up at eight o'clock as a good sign in that direction.

I only finished ten books in October.   Snow Daze and The Unfinished  Gift were my selected Christmas reads and you will find my reviews in my December 2014 posts.   I also post on Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes and Noble if you really can not wait.

I think the challenge from my buddy Noah, is what did me in for October.   I am currently about 3/4 through The Fellowship of the Rings.    It is not my favorite genre', but I feel it is important to challenge him to read, so when he challenges me, I have to follow through.   My mom who reads only romance, says I am a better grandma than her....now that is a laugh!

He is fourteen years old and when I have completed the entire Lord of the Rings series, then I will challenge him to read Colleen Hoover's Slammed series.    How's that for an ornery grandma?
I am enjoying this prospect beyond words!



I was truly fortunate to be able to read two new authors's books this month....Lorna Peel's, Only You and S C Montgomery's, Two Blue Lines were delightful reads.    Both were romantic reads and S C Montgomery writes Young Adult stories about the issues facing young people as they step into romance and adulthood.    Both were enjoyable and satisfying reads







I read four romance novels that are each very near and dear to my heart.   Elvis Is a Keeper by Shauna Allen is one of my favorite love stories from a very favorite author.    Can you imagine falling in love with an Elvis look alike?   And then being loved back by the same?  My heart was swooning over this young man.

Peace By Piece, a story of settling for less and longing for more, was open and frank about issues within a marriage.   The heart wants what it wants, regardless of how our brains tell us differently.

Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover, another very favorite author was a delightful story....laugh out loud funny and yet sad to the point of biting your knuckles.    I thought this was perhaps the best read of my month.

And Debbie Macomber's third in the Rose Harbor Inn series, Love Letters was a fun relaxing read I enjoyed immensely.

Last but not least I read another of the paranormal mysteries by Dale Mayer, Hide N Go Seek and a Christian romantic mystery by Dani Pettrey, Submerged.   So totally different, but such very satisfying reads......Indeed, October was a good month for reading!!!!

Make the most of your November and vote  on the fourth!    Read on all other days and eat well on Thanksgiving!    May God bless us all!

Miss Beth

No comments: