Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Friday, May 30, 2014

Beth Art from the Heart blog


I love art.  Whether it is visual, audio,  aesthetic,  enjoyed by touch or by smell, art encompasses the world of color, texture and the printed word in my humble opinion.    The world is God's canvas and his gift to us.   I enjoy coloring with a variety of mediums, speaking to another's heart with my words of encouragement and through my artistic endeavors.   Someday I will write a book.   That is my bucket list.   I know I can never capture the world as God has painted it, but I sure like His sense of color and appreciate that he has allowed me to see, to hear, to smell, to taste  and to touch this world He shares with us.

I am in love with color!  My favorite artistic endeavor is to create  cards with rubber stamps and dye inks.   And in particular I am extremely intrigued with making the smaller ATC cards, (artist trading cards).   ATC's measure 2.5 X 3.5 inches and can be made of any artistic media.    The intent is to swap with others who share the love of making "mini" art.   I made my guitar man using Stamping up stamps and a procedure called bands of color.   I added a red quitar brad and then bound it to red glitzy background and it was made for my son-in-laws birthday.   He loved it and I was thankful I was able to please him with it.

 This second ATC was created using an alcohol splash technique, with a vellum overlay with the verse and butterflies stamped on the vellum, silver brads finished off the piece and I was again pleased with the results.
Last but not least, I made a mini scrapbook and used a starburst technique for the front cover using designer paper, flowers centered with colored brads and an ornate Butterfly brad and tied together with hemp twine.   My mini work of art contains pictures of my delightful grandchildren!   What fun it was to create a mini album full of my favorite people's pictures!
All of the techniques shown for the ATC cards were explained in the Technique Junkie Newsletter which I subrscribe to.   If interested in learning a bazillion techniques, please contact 
Pat Huntoon
Technique Junkie Newsletter
PO Box 16547

Stamford CT 06905

Or visit Pat at:    PatStamps.com for additional information.  It's fun
to participate in the techniques, card swaps and ATC swaps and
always fun meeting new people.

This is what I do, when I am not reading a good book!

Happy artsy-fartsying as well as reading!

Miss Beth



No comments: