Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Reading Review


March was a long month for me.   Three more days than February had and it seemed twice as long.   Mind you, I am not complaining....I love the cool days of March and I love the sound of rainfall in spring...even if the rain is cold and the winds are strong.

What with all the spring and March madness, I was able to read eight books.   I finally read Veronica Roth's Divergent and now I know what a lot of people knew long before me...why it's such a hit!  I absolutely loved the first installment and hopefully I will read the second in the series, Insurgent during April.   This was dystopian at its best!









Peter Robinson's Children of the Revolution  was quite an interesting police procedural from the other side of the big pond:  watch for the review on April 7th....an excellent mystery placing forty years of past history in question.



Come to Me Quietly by A L Jackson was a steamy romance and quite an enjoyable read.   Be aware there is a lot of explicit language between the pages


Hank Kellner's I Don't Want to Be An Orange Anymore was a charming short story, reminicent of a Christmas Story.  It is told from the point of view of a nine year old boy, who goes through highschool and then becomes a soldier in the Korean War.  I chuckled at this story more than once during my read....so very realistic from a young boy's observations.

Another romance read was Alison Kent's Beneath the Patchwork Moon.    This was a sweet romance and it was refreshingly clean as romance novels go.





The Hypnotist by Lars Kepler was a thriller that grabbed me solidly.  Two mysteries within the read that took place in Sweden and I couldn't put it down.


Casey Dawes was a new author for me to read and I certainly enjoyed her romance California  Thyme .  This was also a clean romance and it brought two forces together in such a romantic way.                      



By Far and away, my favorite read of the month was Shauna Allen's novella, Charlie's Angel, --a part of the Cupid Chronicles.   This gal can tell a story and I love it.    Poor ole Charlie, wasn't the worst character you love to hate, but in this novella, he was the good guy and you wanted him to find love, true love!! I really do not want the Cupid Chronicles to ever end.





That being said, what's on my to be read list for April is as follows:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Code of the Hills by Nancy Allen

Pressed Pennies by Steven Manchester

The Messiah Matrix by Kenneth John Atchity

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Cocoon by Emily Sue Harvey

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Beautiful Sacrifice by Lizabeth Lowell

No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale

That's my April reading goal and although my last three months haven't supported reading 10 or 11 books, I sure hope I make it.   It will certainly be another diverse month of reading materials!

Enjoy your April reads and keep your eyes on the page!   It's good for you.

















No comments: