Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Saturday, February 1, 2014

What I read in January

Good Morning Peeps!    This January turned out to be one of the coldest winters I've ever lived through.  And as such it was quite depressing.    I thoroughly missed my husband who passed away in December as did my brother, so January was indeed a month of reflection and sorrow.  My pipes froze and thawed twice; my fingers burned with cold temps when I'd forget my mittens and let me just say, I am not sorry to see January fly the coop!   Hopefully it will be a very long time before we see another quite like this past January.

My reading took a hit since I was not quite with it.    My goal is to read 12.5 books per month this year and have read 150 books by year end.   Well, I fell short, but I did enjoy reading these seven books!

The Intercept by Dick Wolfe was an exciting police vs terrorist thriller that kept the pages turning!

Help for the Haunted was a mystery thriller and had me guessing almost to the end.







The Butterfly Sister was a psychological thriller.







The Last Camellia involved a sixty year old mystery to be solved.






Stephanie Plum and her sidekicks provided an adventure to remember with sidekick, Kevin the Giraffe.





Shauna Allen  wrote Wounded Wings which was my ultimate favorite of the month.   All the elements to make a fallen angel find love with a human including humor and sensitivity.   This was a great read and one that thoroughly knocked my socks off.   I loved the entire series of the Cupid Chronicles!













A Stroke of Luck was a young adult contemporary romance short story full of love and passion.

I wish I could share the fundamental pleasure I get from reading an assortment of books.   The styles of the authors differ, their outlooks on life come through the written word.   I enjoy their humor and their characters and I enjoy their plots and adventures as well as the thrill of a perfect ending.   I have traveled through books, and learned much about things I knew nothing about.

Thanks for the millions of books available to read.   With a goal ever increasing from year to year, I will never get through them all!

Happy Reading my Friends!

No comments: