Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Monday, March 12, 2012

How to Open a New Book



I learned this same thing years ago when I was in school....too many moons to mention. But as with all unused knowledge, I had forgotten it. I was in possession of my grandsons Harry Potter book, the first one to increase in size and I tried to open the thick book as I thought I remembered. And then I dropped it, accidentally of course, and the book fell apart.

It was like mourning a family member, with confession to my grandson first on my agenda. He was horrified. He has learned the value of books and he takes great care of his books. How could Grandma do this to his beloved HP book? I immediately ordered a new copy to replace his copy. It was the right thing to do. I told him to read the broken book when he read it for himself. Grandma was forgiven.

Then I happened across this which I am making into a book mark so I never forget again. I will hopefully never murder another book again!!

May you always hold your books tight; may books make your life bright!

No comments: