Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lovely As a Tree


Spring is just so darned close! We survived January and February and here it is the third of March. March stole in silently and sweetly, surely that doesn't bode well for the end of the month, but I'll take quiet and sunshine and warmer temperatures in Iowa anytime! Come along spring, you make my heart sing!


It's been a few days since I posted a card and this is my rendition of Lisa Somerville's design using the SU Lovely as a Tree stamp set and Flower Soft. Lisa's card was done in more red and gray tones and I went with a blue and brown color theme. Unfortunately my scan of my card is not the best. Sorry. I just hope you see half the beauty I see in this card.
I love trees and fresh air, thunderstorms in the spring summer and fall, cool breezes, warm breezes and listening to the trees whisper to each other. I like the idea of hugging a tree, climbing a tree, sitting under a shady tree, and saving a tree. Trees are tall and unyielding ever reaching for the sky, housing squirrels and birds, and the tiniest of tree frogs. Their feet are narly looking and tightly grasp the earth and much beneath earth's skin to hang tight against all the elements that fight to weaken it. They are strong and yet they are wise enough to bend when a strong wind blows through. How many children have danced around the broadest of tree trunks, delighting the afternoon breeze with their joyous giggling and singing? How many little boys have shimmied upward after a squirrel or a cat and seen the world from the branches far above the earth? And who hasn't wanted to hide in the branches and the protective leaves of a tree when a bully comes walzing into your yard? Trees, beautiful trees, full of life and aged to perfection. What stories they could share! That is why Lovely as a Tree remains my ultimate favorite Stampin Up set.
I dare say, I doubt it ever leaves the top notch in my list of favorites!

No comments: