Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Monday, March 16, 2009

Are your ducks in a row?

Everyone is wondering these days if their ducks are in a row and what their future looks like. Have I saved faithfully, am I prepared for a recession, a depression, aggression, supression, layoffs, no money, no food , retirement, my choice or otherwise, etc, etc. etc. In some respects we have listened to the media way too hard.....just because they print it and spout it, doesn't have to make it so. We fear what we hear and so we tighten our belts and quit spending and the result is the downward spin of the economy. And we're all caught up in it.

It is a self fulfilling prophecy in many ways. So I'm hanging it up. I'm doing my best to keep the economy alive and well. I can't take it with me anyway, right? So I continue to shop at my favorite stamp stores, whether local or internet and I enjoy my art and my love of color and flair.

This card is one I made when Ankeny's Stamp Lover's was my favorite digs. I loved the people that owned it, loved the people who worked there and loved the folks, men and women alike who took classes with me there. I consider that an awesome chapter in my life! Anyway, the stamp is from Northwoods. They have fantastic nature stamps and you should check out their stamp line. Here's their link: http://www.northwoodsrubberstamps.com/default.aspx

We stamped the image on vellum and then colored with colored pencils. The ducks themselves were colored on both sides of the vellum for an extra pop. I bought the stamp thinking of Mother's Day. Mama duck leading her ducklings through the thick fauna of the flower bed!
She's got her ducks in a row!

No comments: